Take Part In An Unforgettable Production Of A Broadway Musical
We offer an opportunity each summer for families to engage in a professional-level production of a major Broadway musical on the Florida College campus in Temple Terrace in a 9-day timeframe.
Between now and the 2024 Broadway Comes to Camp, feel free to donate to make it all possible!
A Transformative Musical Production Experience
An Enriching Drama Experience
We offer an educational Broadway experience to individuals and families in a creative, professional and conservative spiritual environment.
Skill Development for Drama Presentation
Meet Royce and Hope Chandler
Royce and Hope Chandler have directed summer camps for about 30 years. They are well-experienced in careful organization and paying attention to details so that camp participants have a well-planned and fun-filled camp experience.
Royce has directed many Broadway musicals, including Oklahoma, Fiddler on the Roof, South Pacific, Annie Get Your Gun, Kiss Me Kate, 1776, The Music Man, Carousel, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
Support Broadway Comes To Camp
A small family-based theatre group struggles with the huge costs necessary to achieve excellence in a production. Equipment, sets, costumes, props, backdrops: all need to be upscale, causing the audience to respond with, “Wow! How can a small amateur group produce that high quality of a show?!” Maybe you can help with that. But also, some would love to support our project which is dedicated to the cultural, spiritual, and moral education of our young people.
Our production costs, which exceed $20,000 each year, must be covered through donations and ticket sales. Your help would ensure that we can cover costs and continue another year.
Your donation will help to cover:
- New Equipment: microphones, digital spotlights. These items are expensive but so essential to providing a high-quality performance. $5000 + would be a great blessing.
- Renting backdrops: 3-4 drops per show cost in excess of $2000 per year.
- Costumes: depending on the requirements of each show, we need at least $1000 per year.
- Adopt-A-Cast Member: Every participant pays about $300. For families of 5, 6, or 7 that adds up to a high cost. Every donation of $300 can help this remain a family-based project by covering that cost for large families who want to be with us but struggle with the cost.
- Florida College fees: the college charges us $10,000 to use the campus. Any assistance with this would be an enormous help.
Have a question or a comment? Fill out this simple form, and we’ll get back to you soon!